Thursday, January 8, 2009

Is it true? Are we going dock diving again?

Now, I'm not an eavesdropper. I respect people's privacy. But, come on now, when I hear the phrase "dock diving," my ears perk up. Heck, my whole body perks up. The adrenalin starts flowing...visions start going through my mind, visions of docks, ducks, and bumpers.

That's what happened last night. I heard my mom and dad talking about a dock diving event in some place called Louisville, Kentucky. It was something called the 2009 52nd Louisville Boat, RV, and Sport Show. I really and truly think we are going!

So I went right out in the garage and got all my throw objects and took inventory.

Yep, everything's there, big duck, Flappy, bumper, little duck, and Wubba. I'm ready when you are, Mom and Dad.

But there's one more thing. Has anyone but me wondered about our team name? Our team name is Team Fire and Ice. I'm the Fire and Spud is the Ice. Well, with Hoppy joining our team, we need a new name.

I suggested Team Fire and Ice Cubes. I'd be the Fire and the guys could be the Ice Cubes. Well, that didn't go over very well.

I think my mom and dad have decided on a name. They've been looking at these pictures they call "logos" and pointing and getting all excited.

I'm just ready for this dock diving trip to Louisville. I better to gather up the Ice Cubes so we can get ready.

See you on the dock,
Sally, the
Fire in Team Fire and Ice (at least for the present)
Proud member of Dixie Dock Dogs
Dixie Dock Dogs video

4 comments:

Irie said...

I wish I liked dock diving as much as you. I was so scared when I went. Mom said I am more of an agility girl these days! Good luck in Kentucky!

Chester said...

Go Team Whatever Your New Name is. Best wishes for a fun year of dock-diving. I wanna hear all about it so maybe someday I will get a chance to try it and I'll have expert advice to draw from. I had asked you earlier what your new name would be and you said "possibly" Earth, Wind and Fire. I played on that a bit and thought: Erch, Wound and Far. Just kidding! Tell Mom not to forget the camera, I want lots of pictures! Chester

Chester said...

Oh! I hope I didn't give away any surprises on your name! I don't know where my head is sometimes. My sincerest apologies if I did. Chester

Unknown said...

Fire and Ice Cubes. perfect. good luck in louisville. be sure to let us know how you and the ice cubes do with your jumps.