Friday, January 16, 2009

Dock diving at our new practice dock!

Hip-Hip-Hooray! Our dock diving club, Dixie Dock Dogs has a new practice dock. Yippee! Yee-Haw! Hallelujah! Woo-Hooooo! (Are there any more expressions I can use? My mom calls them onomatopoeia, whatever that is.)

And here it is. Isn't it just the coolest dock in the whole world!


My mom and dad and Spud and I are so excited! Hoppy isn't excited. He's still working on the definition of the word "retrieve."

The dock is located down at Lake Oconee, which happens to be the same lake where we keep our pontoon boat and go during the summer. The dock is at the lakehouse of two very nice people named Bob and Greta.

The dock is 50 feet long. You non-dock diving people have no idea how important this is. You see, a regulation competition dock is 40 feet long. So, we have a regulation dock to practice on!!

It's on a cove just off Lake Oconee...very peaceful and nice, with a great graduated shoreline for us dogs to exit out of the lake.


We haven't had an official club practice for five months. You see, we used to have a nice practice dock, but then something happened, and we couldn't use the dock any longer. So the Great Dock Search began.

My mom and looked and looked and looked and looked for another dock for us. That poor woman became obsessed. She called every human being in the Northern Hemisphere. She went and looked at every body of water in North America....including puddles in people's driveway.

I swear, one day she pulled the car over and asked some guy standing there checking his mail if we could build a dock in the mud puddle beside his driveway. He said no, so she asked if we could build a dock in his bathtub. Pitiful.

The problem was, every lake (or pond) either had no dock, or if it had a dock, the lake (or pond) had no water. Mom kept cursing something called a "drought" here in Georgia. Boy, she even made up some curse words when talking about that "drought."

Well, the search is over. I don't have to ride and ride and ride around with her any longer looking at every H2O molecule in Georgia. We have our practice dock.

NOW, LET THE GAMES....er, uh.....PRACTICES BEGIN!

See you the dock....the NEW DOCK!
Sally, the Captain of Team 3 Dawg Flite
Proud member of Dixie Dock Dogs
Dixie Dock Dogs video

5 comments:

barb said...

Haven't been around for a while, so I'm so glad to see you have a new dock, Sally! And your new team name is very creative. You are one clever Lab! When I see you and your team mates are coming up north to dock dive, I'm bringing my Casey to see you. Have fun on your new dock. Your friend, Barb

Chester said...

Wow, Sally! Your Mom sure did a
F-I-N-E job of gettin' you a practice dock. I couldn't help but drool and whine as I was looking at the pictures. I sure could go for a swim but everything that has an H2O consistency is hard as a rock right now with the temp hovering at zero degrees this morning! And to think, Mom had the audacity to take me to the Doggie Wash today. She said I stunk. But she dried me and toweled me and then I spent the afternoon by the woodstove. Too bad I live so far away from you, Sally 'cause I'm lookin' pretty sexy and we'd go out on the town tonight. Oh well, being the athlete you are, I guess it's all for the best so's you can concentrate on your diving and not get sidetracked by a wild-dog like me. Can't wait to see you and your pack in action! Chester

Chester said...

I've been tagged, now it's your turn:

Open a document or file folder,
Click on the fifth folder and then the fifth photo.
Post the photo and describe it.
Then tag 5 other bloggers.

Life With Dogs said...

Sola would kill for a shot at that dock.

Martha said...

We have never heard of any dock diving in the UK - it just looks like such a lovely place and we can imagine the happy atmosphere, We will keep our eyes open for any docks over 40 feet! Hope thats right!
love
Martha & Bailey xx