Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sally: The Fire of Team Fire and Ice

Hi, my name is Sally, and I'm a dock diver. As a matter of fact, I'm a dock diving addict. I'd rather dock dive than anything....well, I do love belly rubs almost as much!

I'm a chocolate lab and a member of Dix
ie Dock Dogs, and we practice every weekend. My brother, Spud, is a yellow lab and together we make up Team Fire and Ice, a dock diving team.

I've been to
several competitions and won medals, ribbons and certificates. Here are the first ribbons I ever won. It was at a competition in Jacksonville, Florida. I came in third place!!! It was so exciting for both me and my mom.

And here is a picture of me with my mom with the first medals I ever
won. I won them at a competition in Columbus, Georgia. The big medal that looks like a star was for 2nd place in Speed Retrieve. Here's a link to some photos that show me doing one of my Speed Retrieve runs. Wow! Can you tell how intense I was and how much I wanted to win. So did my mom!! The other smaller medals were for a couple of second place finishes and one third place finish in the waves (qualifying rounds).

Take a look at this music video
my mom made of me at practice one day. I think you can tell how much I LOVE DOCK DIVING!!


Here are some other photos of me dock diving. I hope you like looking at them. I certainly liked jumping way out there in the air! It's called "getting big air." Right now I can jump over 20 feet...when I really, really try. But I pretty consistently hit 17 - 20 feet all the time. These first photos are of me jumping at a competion I went to in Punta Gorda, Florida.

Here are a couple of photos of my very first competition. It was in Destin, Florida.

Here are a few from my practices. I'm trying to show you how acrobatic I can be!

Thank you for looking at my photos and video and reading my blog. Next time I'll introduce you to my brother, Spud. And I'll try to keep you updated on all the fun we're having dock diving...and doing other activities.

See you on the dock...

Sally, The Fire in Team Fire and Ice

1 comment:

Screen Doors Hollywood said...

First time reading this blog thanks for sharing.