Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Virginia Beach, here comes Team 3 Dawg Flite!

Oh boy! We’re going on another dock diving trip this weekend. There’s a big event up at Virginia Beach, and we’re leaving as soon as my dad gets home from work tomorrow. Yippee and Yee-Haw!!!!!

Today is packing day, or at least start packing day. And it’s my job to make sure my mom doesn’t forget everything. I know she has a packing list, but it’s the Captain’s responsibility to make sure the flight is smooth and problem-free. So today, I’ll be following my mom around making sure everything is ready and packed.

Let me add right here…for those of you thinking about taking your dog to a dock diving event, you do NOT need all of this stuff. All you actually need is a leash and a throw toy. But because we travel so much, we take all of these things to keep us…especially our mom and dad…more comfortable and make things easier.

Okay, let’s see, we need…

shamwows (to dry us off)

old sheets and blankets (to put over our crates if needed)

my Power Bones (energy bars)

our treats

box with any meds we might need

Oxyfresh (add to our water for Hoppy’s bad breath!)

our competition vests

water dishes for our crates and food bowls for our meals

various bandanas so we can be “cute”

poopy bags for….well, you know

leashes and extra collars

our crates

the E-Z Up tent (2 in this pic, but we only take 1)

chairs for our mom and dad (we, of course, have those comfortable crates!)

our throw objects: (L-R Flappie, DFT/duck, bumper, Wubba)

Spud’s tennis ball (our dad decided he wants to try throwing this for Spud)

travel water dish and jug of water for us

Dixie Dock Dogs and 3 Dawg Flite banners to hang on our tent

ice chest full of drinks and snacks (for our mom and dad)

equipment case to carry all our “stuff” from hotel to event

cart to carry our crates, chairs, etc. from our truck down to the crating area

cart unfolds to look like this. cool, huh?

enough food for all three dogs for all the days we will be gone

Nylabones to keep us calm in the hotel room (good luck!)

old towels and lots of plastic bags because everything gets wet at dock diving events

our e-collar chargers and power strip (also for their cell phones and computer)

We wear the e-collars while traveling since we are in unfamiliar territory and stop at so many roadside places.

Whew! That’s a lot of stuff. And that’s just the stuff for us. It doesn’t even include my mom and dad’s stuff.

But when they start getting all of this stuff out, it sure gets me all excited. And I’ve followed my mom around all day today making sure she didn’t miss a thing.

I’m happy to report…..we are ready to goooooo!

Virginia Beach…..here comes Team 3 Dawg Flite!

Sally, the Captain of Team 3 Dawg Flite

Proud member of Dixie Dock Dogs

10 comments:

Mason Dixie said...

Wow is there even room for you guys now? or the humans? That is a lot of stuff to haul around, good thing you guys are dock divers and not sled dogs. he he. Do you guys ever come up to Ohio for events?

Mason Dixie said...

Hey I just looked up the directions on how to get to Clays Park and I am less than an hour away. I would love to come and cheer for your team. =)

Mason Dixie said...

my email address is: masondixie.dixie@gmail.com

Life With Dogs said...

You need a tractor-trailer to get there. I hope you clean up. Trophy wishes for all!

Chester said...

Hoooooowwwwwwllllllllll!!! That is my howl of distress. I SO WANNA BE THERE!! I would even help carry stuff although is it looks like you've done this a couple times before and are very prepared. BEST WISHES for safe travel, GREAT diving and an all around SUPER-DUPER time!!

Woofs and travelin' slobbers,
Chester

barb said...

Now I know what to get you for your next birthday. A cargo truck! :) Looks like you are well prepared. I can't wait to see the photos and video of your great jumps. Good luck and have fun.

Martha said...

Mmmmm we see you like to travel light!
Have fun - we will look forward to all your action shots.
love
Martha & Bailey xx
ps we know nothing about twitter but will go read and see if anyone else did!

PTdogger said...

good luck in virgina. I hope you and spud jump the best ever and get lots of metals.

PiaffePlease said...

I have the same spotted food bowl for my dalmatian! thanks for the list of items, it helps!

Unknown said...

Great Article..

You should contact the bizymoms Virginia Beach community to get your article featured to their large mom community. http://www.bizymoms.com/virginia-beach/index.php. I am sure they would love to read your posts