Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Iron Dog. That’s ME!

I’m going to be an Iron Dog! I’m going to be an Iron Dog!

No, not this kind of iron dog.

irondog Nor this kind of iron dog.

100024_dogcrackerAnd I certainly don’t mean this kind of iron dog!

Iron Dog Logo 2

I have qualified myself to enter the Iron Dog competition at our DockDogs Nationals in October. What does that mean? Good question.

In order to qualify to even compete at the Nationals, you must be titled. Well, Spud and I are both titled, so we are going. (We were going last year, but my granddaddy got very, very sick, and we had to stay home.)

Spud has his Master Title in Big Air.

019

I have my Senior Title in Big Air.(And 3 out of 5 legs for a Master.)

050 Well, I also have my Turbo Title in Speed Retrieve.

602

670

614 And just this summer I got my Cadet Title in Extreme Vertical.

286

287 Soooooo…I am now both titled and ranked in all three DockDogs disciplines.

And *that* qualifies me to enter the Iron Dog competition at the Nationals. It’s a real honor, but it is also going to be very, very strenuous.

My mom talked with me. “Sally,” she said, “did you know you are qualified to enter the Iron Dog competition at the Nationals.”

“Yes, Mom, I know,” I politely replied.

“Well, do you think you can handle it, Chocolate Dawg? “

“Handle it? You want to know if I can handle it? Mom, I can’t believe you asked me that.”

“Now, Sally, calm down. You’re starting to stress pant.”

“Stress pant, my little chocolate patootie!”

“Sally, do you know what all is involved with entering Iron Dog at the Nationals?”

“Well, not exactly, but whatever it is, I can definitely handle it!”

“You have to do the regular three disciplines. Then, on top of all that, you have to do the disciplines all over again in the Iron Dog category. Sally, hon, you’re going to be jumping continually the entire weekend.”

“And your point is…………”

“Okay, Sally, you’re in Iron Dog. I just completed the registration. You better start consuming your vitamins and Power Bones right now!”

<Gulp. BIG Gulp.> “Okay, mom. Thanks.”

Would someone please check my pulse. I feel a little faint.

See you on the dock,

Sally, the Captain of Team 3 Dawg Flite

Proud member of Dixie Dock Dogs

6 comments:

Chester said...

All I got to say to all this Sally is

PIECE OF CAKE for you Chocolate Dawg!!!

Will you be on TV again?

I can't wait to see you win!

WOOOHOOOOO-I'm so excited. Uh-oh, now I"M stress panting!
Good luck and eat them power bones!
Chester ;0=)

dog care food said...

nice blog.. liked it very much....can someone give me some other related blog address..???neways appreciated..!!!

Martha said...

Of course you qualify Sally - we know for sure that you and Spud are super duper qualified!
You will wing it!
Great photos as always - we just love all your action shots.
love
Martha & Bailey xxxx

barb said...

Sally, you've always been an iron dog! Casey is so proud of you and would love to some watch you and Spud compete. Please tell your club to bring an event down here closer to us. We would feel honored to have a real iron dog in our area. Good luck at your national competition. I know you will do well.

Scout and Freyja said...

This is such a powerful announcement. My gosh, we are gonna know a star! Congrats!

Ajitesh said...

Hey congratulations Sally! I really like you blog and your family!

God Bless them all!